Image by symbi via Flickr
There are lots of ways to be involved:
- Working on an Experience Strategy for Drupal.org
- Creating a framework to understand the Drupal.org audience
- Having a Mass Wireframing Frenzy (Come wireframe with me!)
- Doing a big online card sort to help solve the information architecture challenge!
- Wondering if D.O should be one site or several?
I, of course, have some thoughts on all this
First of all, I don’t agree with the conclusions in #1. I don’t think drupal.org, at least right now, has being a social site as it’s #1 goal. Not to mention that groups was supposed to take over the social aspect. Now groups vs. forums is a big mess and a nasty headache. I personally don’t like groups, but if they want to use it, go the whole way!
#5 hits on this a bit. I would personally love to see the whole Drupal.org experience be seamless. I really don’t like have bits of the community here and there, and I’d love to see it all be 1 site.
#3, well, I have my own wireframes to contribute! I see this redesign as a great chance to get some of my developer wish-lists into drupal.org. See one of them at right.
In my opinion, now the best time to make Drupal.org more developer friendly, not just end-user friendly!
Don’t forget to let your voice be heard.