Updated 11/16/11

There is a new post “The Viaddress Interview“. Go to that post for the latest information and to comment. The original post is kept below.

Viaddress logo (TM Viaddress)

A short while ago after doing some personal investigation I wrote a post about VIAddress. At the time I had no idea just how many other people were affected by the business practices of this company, or what a string of events would end up occurring.

I originally started this quest when I was planning to write a blog series on various companies offering services akin to VIAddress. VIAddress was the first company I tested since it was apparently the cheapest by my calculations. To test them, I sent a t-shirt from shirt.woot and a book from Alibris to my unit #. Incidentally, after explaining the situation, woot actually mailed me a second shirt to my international address for no charge. They’ve won much respect from me for that.

Since the last post was written, VIAddress has circulated an very upbeat email informing people they had stopped all storage fees and had moved into a new warehouse, blaming lack of storage for previous delays:

The move was not anticipated until after Christmas, however after receiving a record-high number of packages following Thanksgiving holiday deliveries —which caused some delays in processing shipments for some existing customer— we had to proceed with the move to the new warehouse to serve our existing customers better and sustain the ever-growing number of new customers.

VIAddress Promotional Email

Because of this, their warehouse has now moved to 55335 CORWIN RD, Elkhart Indiana 46514 with the BBB listing two additional addresses at 114 W Sycamore St Elkhart, IN 46516 and the previous warehouse address a short distance away at 530 East Lexington Ave Elkhart, IN 46516.

Four days later VIAddress sent a second email, telling people they needed to fill out a new form to allow them to process their USPS incoming mail – without mentioning the Postal Inspectors had previously quarantined their operation.

Due to recent USPS regulation changes, all customers expecting packages from USPS, must complete  USPS Form 1583 in order for us to receive their shipments from USPS. Viaddress may not accept packages from USPS until we receive Form 1583, authorizing Viaddress to accept packages on your behalf.

VIAddress Email to Customers

It should be noted none of this is too bad; but, it doesn’t address why users of their services have gone for weeks without responses.  VIAddress’ own forums are filled with various posts from angry customers who still haven’t seen their packages.

Calls and emails from this author to VIAddress regarding these issues have also yet to have been returned, despite my knowledge that VIAddress is aware of my posts and my desire to speak with them on the record regarding what has happened and what they will do to correct it.

VIAddress also has received additional complaints with the Better Business Bureau, who has given them their lowest possible rating of F. All of these issues have created a mass upheaval across the internet of unhappy current and past clients of the service.

If you’re in need of a shipment service, check out some of the alternatives listed in the post and comments on my original post. I would strongly discourage anyone from shipping with VIAddress, at least until they have opened up as to what went wrong and shown clear progress in dealing with their customers, handling their business in a timely and orderly fashion and being fair in their shipping rates.

Oh, and, Viaddress, since I know you’ll eventually read this: email me at robin –(AT))- robinmonks . com so we can set up a time to talk about this entire thing. Pretending this problem isn’t there isn’t going to do anyone any good.

Show CommentsClose Comments

106 Comments

Posted December 31, 2010 at 11:46 pm 0Likes

Sadly I’m one of the many who are unhappy with this company. I’ve been trying to get my goods sent to me since November. I’ve paid for the shipping and since then nothing, nada, zilch. They do not respond to emails, they created a new process on the web for complaints and they don’t respond to that, you can’t ring them by ph (goes to voice mail). It beggars belief how bad their customer relations are.
    If I didn’t live so far away I’d visit them with baseball bat in hand and start asking some hard questions. Maybe there’s a business there, someone in Elkhart can consolidate from the consolidator…..
    Good luck with this blog, I will follow it with keen interest and I hope you keep persuing them, for all of our sakes.

And Viaddress, if you ever read this, I’m suite A915200.

• Francisco
    Posted January 8, 2011 at 6:12 am 0Likes

Yeah i stupidly had about 600 usd worth of stuff shipped to them. We should get someone in Indiana to visit the warehouse and take our stuff in our name.

I have been keeping track of the last post:

I really think we should get together and claim our stuff from these thieves.

• Josh
    Posted January 9, 2011 at 2:18 am 0Likes

Same problems here ordered my parcel delivered to me October, didn’t receive it, then opened a claim with paypal to refund the shipping cost. Tryed again after the refund with no luck. have a few hundred dollars worth of items i want sent. They have ignored my complaints as well. I am so hacked off with this company.

• Katyleen
    Posted January 10, 2011 at 2:36 pm 0Likes

Hi everyone ! I have the same problem. 200$ of products lost somewhere in Viaddress warehouse and no answer to my mails. I’m asking myself if there is any solution to force them ship all those delayed packages….but I don’t think so. I guess I lost 200$…..ouch…..that hearts….

• Tobias
    Posted January 12, 2011 at 10:22 pm 0Likes

Yes we are in the same boat. Looking for someone to ship to Australia and we selected VIAddress. I created an account and all seemed OK.

We were allocated Unit A933363 and I logged into the account a couple of times, to check. All seemed Ok. I tried to log in recently to see if the shipped item had arrived and I got an “invalid password/logon” error. Tried a few times then requested my password. No reply email.

Today I created a new account with the same logon. It let me, no duplicate error or anything. The new unit number is A933345. I’m really concerned that our item sent to the original unit will either get “lost” or “stored” I’m going to try ringing them tomorrow (14 Jan in Australia). I’m not sure if they’ll redirect the package to the new unit number or not.

• Y.Z.
    Posted January 14, 2011 at 11:06 am 0Likes

I cannot believe how stupid I was, foregoing the critical research on the internet about this forwarder. The local police or chamber of commerce should do something to help those deceived customers, who were in fact swindled into using Viaddress service. It will definitely leave a very bad reputation on the city or region. This thing should simply be closed down and there are definitely reasons for government to do so.

Posted January 14, 2011 at 5:12 pm 0Likes

Oh joy, I just can’t wait to see what these guys do next.

Updating from my earlier comment –
    Logged onto my account, went into the shipping manager and items that were in my suite and that I had paid shipping (but haven’t yet shipped) have now disappeared and there is a message that says “Please excuse our digital dust while we’re doing some upgrades to our system. Don’t hesitate to contact our Help Desk if you notice any issues with your order history”

So at least before I could see my stuff sitting there waiting to go, even if I had paid for it and it hadn’t been shipped yet.

Now my stuff has just gone, vanished, vamoosed. I suppose they can now pretend it was never there. “Don’t hesitate to contact our help desk” should be replaced with “Don’t hesitate to CRY LOUDLY if you notice any issues with your order history”. Contact the help desk, what a JOKE!

• Luca
    Posted January 17, 2011 at 9:04 am 0Likes

Hello, sadly I’m one of the many who are unhappy with this company! I’ve been trying to get my goods sent to me since November 23th. Shipping was payed by PayPal on November 24th, refounded and payed next on December 29th for a new expedition but, my nr.2 items never ship.
    In this days I’ve writing two email at the Elkhart county sheriff and I’m waiting your answer.
    I do not know that to make…

• Helio
    Posted January 17, 2011 at 11:35 am 0Likes

Thanks Robin to share ur space with us!

I’d like go to USA and check viaddress warehouse..

The situation is unexplainable… beg to ship! come n!

Posted January 18, 2011 at 5:17 pm 0Likes

I have posted complaints about Viaddress on other web sites (Ripoff Report for example) and when reviewing the complaint the other day, saw this added as a comment:

>I have been working with VIAddress and attempting to >resolve any shipping issues or problems that have been >reported. If you have a VALID complaint, and are not just >causing trouble, you can feel free to contact me and I will >help you resolve any issues with the business.
    >Ray Caples, Detective
    >Elkhart County Sheriff Department
    >[email protected]

So for all of you out there that are having problems, put the history down in an email to Ray and hopefully he can help you sort things out. His reply to me is that he has a “lot” of complaints to deal with and it will take some time. Be patient he suggested, how long ones patience can last is another matter but I feel a little bit happier now that the police are looking into it.

• Vanessa Lin
    Posted January 19, 2011 at 12:00 am 0Likes

I’m another unhappy user of Viaddress. Just bought a brand new laptop at $500. My shipment is arriving to my “suite” tmr and I tried to stop it but the eBay seller just won’t help me up and do a stop to the delivery. I am so devastated!..

• JC
    Posted January 19, 2011 at 2:46 am 0Likes

Hello, I must say I am also one of the unhappy ones who was looking for someone to ship to Switzerland and I selected Viaddress. I have over $450 of goods paid in my unit (evidence from UPS tracking and delivery to some Viadress individuals) and $195 worth of shipping already paid via Paypal. I am trying to get the shipment since December, wrote many emails via their help desk web site, many complaints, etc.. no answer, no progress, nothing, nada…I am thinking now about writing to the County Sheriff Department as suggested by Ann above.

• Brian
    Posted January 19, 2011 at 4:24 am 0Likes

Hi Ann

I ordered mine 30th of December then paid shipping two weeks ago, after then I cannot contact VIADDRESS. Mine was worth around $700 US with $200 US shipping, I am really frustrated after I found this posting.
    I wish to get more feedback about this issue, My email is “[email protected]”.
    I hope I can get my items at least,

• Fkcam
    Posted January 20, 2011 at 3:31 am 0Likes

Hi,
    I have the same problem as all of you. Did anyone write to Mr. Ray Caples (Elkhart Country Sheriff)??? Any ideas? THX

• Urban
    Posted January 20, 2011 at 11:17 am 0Likes

Hi,

I’m also one of the unhappy customers of Viaddress and I’ve sent the report to Mr. Ray Caples today because it has been impossible to call this company or to get an answer by email.
    Im very sorry about it but I don’t have a good idea, only the hope that Mr. Caples can help us.

• Fkcam
    Posted January 20, 2011 at 1:33 pm 0Likes

Hi again.
    I also wrote to mr caples. Lets wait and see what happens…

• Francesco
    Posted January 21, 2011 at 4:22 am 0Likes

Hi everybody, I’m another unhappy customers…

I’m so worried… did you believe that Mr.Caples is true??

I mean… how could a sheriff resolve these problems and let we receive our stuff???

• Fkcam
    Posted January 22, 2011 at 8:05 am 0Likes

@francesco,
    You are right. I don’t know if mr caples is true. But we have no choise.
    Is here someone who solved his problem in the past few days?

• Francesco
    Posted January 22, 2011 at 9:40 am 0Likes

@Fkcam
    Well, I pay Viaddress fee on the 6th of January..not so many days ago… but I’m worried because I’m reading all these bad feedbacks 🙁

The promptly answered to my first questions, when I asked about my shipping page (I have paid but I can see anything in my shipping manager page).

Then, I wrote again 4-5 times but no answers.

• JC
    Posted January 22, 2011 at 10:18 am 0Likes

same thing for me, I paid the Viaddress shipping fee on 28th dec, the shipping manager page displayed my items and a “processing” state. as nothing happened I wrote on 5th jan, they replied “sorry for the delay, should be shipped today”, since then nothing and my items disappeared from the shipping manager page.

I wrote again almost every other day, but no answers.

• achille
    Posted January 22, 2011 at 2:47 pm 0Likes

I have the same problem with viaddress.
    I found this:

Posted: 07 Dec , 2010 by Tony
    Do not use them is all I have to say. I was using them for a while and they were ok just very slow until my last shipment that sat there processing for over 2 weeks, at which point I started getting a bit worried. Tried calling them but no answer and their mail box was full and after a bit of hunting around on the web found an article that suggested the USPS has shut them down for not complying with postal regulations. Called up the USPS who were not much help but did suggest I speak to the Elkhart Police department who were very informative and have had regular complaints. It seems that the USPS did shut them down and quarantine all the packages until they agreed to start fill out the correct paperwork which they have not been doing. Then 3 days after they reopened their landlord evicted then and the building has been under police lock down while they find a new facility. I have been told by the Elkhart Police that I will eventually get my shipment some time but who knows when. Do you think viaddress.com have sent me any email to mention any of this, no not one and I have had 2 other shipments returned to sender. One other this I know altrec.com will not send any shipments to them due to fraud and the same with amazon.com.

• achille
    Posted January 22, 2011 at 2:53 pm 0Likes

I found a reference:

17 days ago by Mikhail Efremov 0 Votes

The same problem with me. Once I have used VIAddress it was OK! But then I have payed 3 orders in December 13-30, 2010 service stopped work! Smb from VIAddress informed me that VIAddress had changed it`s location and for this reason all shippmens were delayed, and after that news the staff of VIAddress started to play a bad E-mail games. INside VIAddress site there is forum of VIAddress clients and inside of that forum you don`t find a good reference. Among them demands to investigate activity of VIAddress` staff, appeals to Elkhart local police and so on… And the reason is only one – non amerikan style of management. I don`t know who is director of VIAddress you do not find this information in VIAddress site. May be it is top secret, otherwise people will know it`s a hero!!!

Posted January 23, 2011 at 7:13 pm 0Likes

I got a reply from Ray saying that he was going to meet with Viaddress to discuss the complaints he has received. As long as you have paid for shipping and they haven’t shipped it, he will take up your case.
    At this stage I believe he is valid as I have read other posts where he has helped. If you really want to know more you could always ring him at the sheriffs dept (574) 891 2100.

• Francesco
    Posted January 24, 2011 at 11:38 am 0Likes

I think it’s a bad joke…
    In the Elkhart County sheriff page, the Sheriff name is Brad Rogers…so… who is Ray ?

Posted January 24, 2011 at 3:04 pm 0Likes

A county sheriffs office generally has more than one officer. I believe Brad Rogers is the chief, Ray is a detective.

• Bruno
    Posted January 25, 2011 at 10:01 am 0Likes

I paid the Viaddress shipping fee on 8th dec.
    I also wrote to Mr. Caples and filed a complaint at http://goo.gl/zndCF

• Francesco
    Posted January 25, 2011 at 10:04 am 0Likes

News…
    Today I wrote to Mr RayCaples and he answered me in 10-15 minutes.
    He’s really kind, he sent me a mail where he explain what to do.

First of all, he say to be patient, but our items should be despatched, even if very late.

If you want to read this e-mail, you can contact me: johnabruzzi79 at alice.it

• Robin Monks
    Posted January 25, 2011 at 10:04 am 0Likes

@Bruno
    Excellent, it remains very important to lodge complains with the proper authorities.

• JC
    Posted January 25, 2011 at 1:46 pm 0Likes

Yesterday, I also wrote to Mr Ray Caples and he answered very quickly. Looks like he must have received so many complaints that he has now a standard and full letter well detailed and describing five steps and reasons of some of the issues with this company…and to be patient.

Let’s wait and see what happens

• LS
    Posted January 27, 2011 at 10:26 am 0Likes

How to contact Mr Ray Caples? I want him to help my case too.

• Francesco
    Posted January 28, 2011 at 5:21 am 0Likes

Good news my friends…
    I was waiting for 2 packages.
    Today I received the track number for the 1st one (a Fedex trak # )

I checked the number, and it’s ok.

Now I hope to receive the second one…

• mik_mik
    Posted January 28, 2011 at 8:11 am 0Likes

Hi everyone,

I’ve been reading all the bad luck and I must admit that I have goods to the value of $900 dollars at Viaddress also but I can’t get my items shipped, they’re not in my shipping manager account anymore.

I kno wmost of you have written to the county sherrifs department and I believe those that have paid shipping fee’s is what he’s investigating into, but what about those people (like me) which haven’t paid for shipping yet but we have parcels with them?

Do you think the sherrif will still be able to help?
    Cheers,

Posted January 28, 2011 at 4:43 pm 0Likes

Found this from another post, a new tactic from Viaddress, not only will they ignore you but once 90 days are up they will destroy your packages………. -:

I paid for my packages to be shipped on November 5th 2010.

So, 2 weeks ago I emailed Viaddress all my tracking numbers which they strangely asked for and yesterday they emailed me back saying that my packages had been stored longer than the 90 days so they have been disposed of!!!!!!

I have wrote to them back that I paid for my packages to be shipped on Nov 5th, well within the 90 days. They had no right to dispose of my packages. So I got an email today saying ” I apologize for the confusion, I will speak with the shipping manager about this”

• SK
    Posted January 29, 2011 at 11:40 am 0Likes

Is there any ways to start a class action lawsuit against them? http://www.lewis-kappes.com/CM/practiceareadescriptions/Class-Actions.asp

• Francesco
    Posted January 31, 2011 at 6:04 am 0Likes

Hi, i’m Francesco from Italy, i’ve the same problem! about 400usd in goods lost in viaddress warehouse; i tried this service 3 months ago so everything ok, my items arrived. Since they have changed their warehouse, problems began! they don’t reply! i don’t know what i’ve to do…
    Any suggestion???

• Tedy
    Posted February 1, 2011 at 4:40 am 0Likes

I have unfortunately had very similar experience with VIAddress.

I have ordered two items from amazon.com which have been tracked as having been “delivered” on 22 January 2011.

These items do not appeared (on the viaddress website) as having been received by VIAddress.

Phone – answering machine, left message, no reaction!
    Emails – (three) no reaction!
    Online HelpDesk – Issue opened, no reaction at all!

Have just emailed Detective Ray Caples of the Elkhart County Sherriff Deptartment with full details.

Have also warned in writing: eBay, PayPal and Amazon.

It isn’t right that these gangsters get away with such unfair business ethics. They have already hurt enough of us, it should be their turn now!

Please make sure that ALL OF YOU make a real effort and write, write, write and write until this website is closed and they go under (where they belong).

Posted February 1, 2011 at 4:33 pm 0Likes

Credit for this post goes to Bill Logan, you summed it up perfectly! The following is copied from a trustpilot review on the 1st Feb:-

Great service, fast delivery and brilliant web site – wish I could give them 6 stars!!

I purchased a siamese kitten from New York, and had Viaddress deliver the package to me in Belgium. They were great and very professional. However, to be honest, at first I had my doubts. But I shouldn’t have worried – they offered the most professional service possible. They really rolled out the red carpet for me.

I had earlier emailed them and asked them to call me when the package arrived. Not expecting them to do so, I was pleasantly surprised when I received a very polite call from someone called Emma who informed me that the package had arrived on time, and that the staff were enjoying feeding the kitten and making sure it felt at home in their warehouse. She asked if they could upgrade my shipping method to helicopter at no extra charge. Naturally I agreed on the spot!

Then the most extraordinary thing happened. The package arrived at my house fully one day before they sent it from their warehouse, and two days before I had purchased the kitten. How’s that for speed? Furthermore, they had consolidated the parcel and repackaged it in three layers of foam, cardboard and aluminium sheeting, and provided all their services -concierge, purchasing, consolidation and many other services repeatedly mentioned in the other reviews on this web site. . Anyway, inside the package was my kitten – alive and well – and still purring from all the TLC they had given it in their warehouse. They had added a surprise to the package. There was a black puppy and a small green budgerigar in there as well, which the wonderful viaddress staff had slipped in. My wife and I were thrilled, and called viaddrress customer service immediately to thank them. This is where the strange part of my story begins, as no matter how many times I called them and emailed them, I simple couldn’t get through. I tried calling them at all hours of the day and night, tried their web site, their office number, and even the fake phone number from their whois record. After several months of failed communications, I was beginning to get concerned. Until, i realised that in fact I was hallucinating, and in fact the package had never arrived, that I was instead contacting the police station in their town in the USA, and trying to recover my package by any and all means possible. Then when I explored more deeply, I discovered that all the positive reviews I had been reading about the company were fake, and that they were well known on the internet for running a fraudulent and unethical operation. How dumb did I now feel? And how sorry for that poor unsuspecting kitten dying of hunger under a pile of undelivered parcels in a dark warehouse somewhere in the mid-west of the USA?

Don’t forget – Viaddress offers:
    .Fast service
    .Easy to use
    .Free concierge service
    .Great customer service
    .Always available on the phone/chat
    .Accurate Tracking on Fedex
    .Cheaper than competitors: Myus, Bongous, Borderlinx, Vpost, usa2me
    (I’m sure you can’t forget, they have spammed it all over the web)

Thank you Viaddress!

• Francesco
    Posted February 2, 2011 at 5:03 am 0Likes

If you want to receive your packages, you have to contact them in the Right way…

DO NOT write by their site, I think they don’t read any message.

You have to write them directly by an e-mail, if you need furher info you can mail me.

I wrote them and they sent me my stuff.

I paid on 6th Jan.
    For 20 days I’ve been writting them but no answers.
    Finally, I decided to write by email and the day after they sent the package by Fedex.
    Now I’m here with my stuff….

I probably will never use Viaddress, but trust me: you can receive all your items.

• SK
    Posted February 2, 2011 at 1:30 pm 0Likes

Nope, i’ve sent a few mails to their email address and there was not a single response from them. Elkhart’s Sheriff Ray Caples even told me to cc the email to him too. I am really wondering what are they doing everyday? Opening people’s parcel and check if there’s anything valuable?

• sottens
    Posted February 2, 2011 at 4:49 pm 0Likes

All the same. Sent an email to Mr Caples – we shall see !

Posted February 2, 2011 at 4:54 pm 0Likes

Ha – I have sent them emails EVERY day for the past two months – the help desk, contact, support, gmail all get my email. I have NEVER had a reply. They have had my stuff since Nov, I have paid for shipping, items have recently disappeared from my suite – they haven’t replied since Dec 5th. All I can say is that you should go and buy a lottery ticket because you are obviously one very lucky person.

• Gemma
    Posted February 3, 2011 at 3:12 am 0Likes

Another viaddress complaint. I really wish all of this had come to light before I had a parcel shipped to them in early November! I am still waiting to receive it, what a nightmare. Firstly it took them over 4 weeks to update my shipping manager to say it was received. Then after I paid to have it onforwarded it took them 2 weeks to update it to “processing”. About 4 weeks ago after numerous complaints sent through their website helpdesk service, I got a message back to say “please stand by for a tracking number from FEDEX this evening between 7 and 8pm”. I was never advised of the tracking number, and now they won’t respond to emails, voicemails, or helpdesk requests. Curse you viadress! And curse stupid internet shopping sites that don’t ship internationally!

I have sent an email to the elkhart county sheriff today, I expect I’ll get the same reply as everyone else, but I don’t feel hopeful that my parcel will ever arrive.

• Fkcam
    Posted February 3, 2011 at 4:06 am 0Likes

Hello everybody,

I have the same problems as all of you. Francesco is right. I wrote them every day (on their site). No response. Then I tried to write directly to [email protected]. After a while (two weeks) I got an answer from Alexandra Marks. I informed them about my missing packages, and after another one weeks I have seen two of my missing packages in my account. So one package is still missing. I hope, that they will find it too. And after all this procedure I will risk it and will pay them the shippment to my country. I don’t know if it works but I have to try it.
    good luck to all of you an me of course

• Bruno
    Posted February 3, 2011 at 3:02 pm 0Likes

The result of my complaint at Better Business Bureau: Case Closed – UNPURSUABLE

Posted February 3, 2011 at 3:11 pm 0Likes

Great – just f#$%^#N marvelous. Even the official channels can’t help.

Robin – can you suggest a good private investigator in Elkhart? I’d happily pay someone to go there and sort this out and I’m sure there are many others out there who would do the same.

• Bruno
    Posted February 3, 2011 at 6:03 pm 0Likes

I have informed the Swiss television (http://goo.gl/4jMuc) about the practices of VIAddress – let’s see if the message is of interest.

• SK
    Posted February 4, 2011 at 8:30 am 0Likes

Bruno: don’t waste your time, VIADDRESS is in USA, not in Swiss.

• Francesco
    Posted February 4, 2011 at 8:47 am 0Likes

As you can see on the web, they care so much about the customers feedback (all fake, of course…).

So: when you write them, add that you will leave bad feeback for Viaddress in all the forum and site that you know.

• Urban
    Posted February 5, 2011 at 4:15 am 0Likes

Good news!
    Detective Ray Caples had sent me an e-mail on Thursday to ask me whether I’ve got my item and I’ve answered immediately (sent all my screenshots of the operation sequence to him).
    In this morning, less than 2 days later, I’ve got the tracking number from FedEx by e-mail and the status in my Viaddress account has changed to “shipped”.
    Let’s hope the best and many, many thanks to Detective Ray Caples!

• Michael
    Posted February 6, 2011 at 12:26 am 0Likes

Hi Guys,

What can I say, purchased US$1,000.00 dollars worth of electrical equipment in a excited state and promptly signed up with Viaddress after the now obvious fake feedback comments about the place, clearly didn’t carry out enough searches.
    Of the nine items that have been tracked as delivered on 27 Jan to Viaddress only two are showing up. I’m sweating now after finding all these accurate posts!

Don’t think I have a choice but to chance it and pay the shipping to Australia when they do eventually turn up.

Have preempted problems and logged my issued with Detective Ray Caples 🙂 Seems I will get a positive response but wont hold my breath for the items.

First time I’ve been scammed on the internet dammnn!

• JC
    Posted February 6, 2011 at 9:42 am 0Likes

Urban: you must be one of those few lucky ones.

All the same,Sent an email to Detective Caples
    I wrote directly to Viaddress, received a reply from Alexandra Marks and from Elliot Douglas (Account manager at Viaddres) saying they are sorry about the delay, they were still in the process of updating all deleted packages and the newly received packages.

I paid the shipping on 28th dec.2010, have seen nothing shipped yet.

I think the only way to resolve is to hope Detective can help us!

• Huseyin Uslu
    Posted February 8, 2011 at 2:39 am 0Likes

I’m yet another customer having issues with viaddress. I had ordered some items from amazon and directed to viaddress warehouse. Still 7+ days after my items being delivered viaddress warehouse my item’s are still being showed as processing.. I’ve paid their own service fee on the day they recieved my package from Amazon…

So i’ve sent an email to Mr. Ray Caples, hoping he can help me solving my issue.

DO NOT USE VIADDRESS guys, if you don’t want to get stressed.

• SK
    Posted February 8, 2011 at 9:49 am 0Likes

Finally after two weeks my package shows up on their website. I’ve paid for the shipping and now it’s another wait for them to ship it out.

• Bruno
    Posted February 8, 2011 at 1:55 pm 0Likes

@SK have patience – today two months ago I have paid the shipping charges and wait since them.

• Fkcam
    Posted February 9, 2011 at 9:26 am 0Likes

Hi,
    me the same. I paid on 03.02. for the shipment and now I’m waiting. Alexandra Marks wrote me that the shipment takes 24-48 hours to verify payment and then another 24-48 hours to process the package for shipping. These time frames do not include weekends. But the status on my account is still the same ‘processing’. Let’s see what happens.

• Urban
    Posted February 9, 2011 at 2:51 pm 0Likes

I’ve got my parcel in this morning and I’m really very happy.
    FIRST OF ALL:
    I’ve to say thank you very much to Detective Ray Caples from the Elkhart County Sheriff Department (I’ve sent an e-mail to him already) because I’m very sure that I got it only with his extensive support & help!

Procedure list:
    18. January: parcel arrived at Viaddress
    20. January: first e-mail to Ray Caples + his very prompt answer
    23. January: shipment invoice from Viaddress + paid through PayPal immediately
    03. February: the request of Detective Ray Caples whether I’ve got my item – sent my answer 1 hour later to him: “No” and additionally the screenshots of the porceedings
    04. February: first shipment notification from FedEx with “International Economy”
    07. February: second notification from FedEx: International Priority, which I had paid for to Viaddress AND the parcel was picked up in Elkhart only 1 hour later.

09. February: parcel with the right item arrived in Germany at home

I hope this helps a little bit – I’m very sure that only the support of Mr. Caples has been my luck and I don’t want to know what would had happend w/o him.
    Thank you very much also to ROBIN MONKS also because the information I’ve found here has been the reason to contact Detective Ray Caples.

Good luck!

Posted February 9, 2011 at 4:35 pm 0Likes

Well, you could knock me over with a feather. You actually got your shipment??? Amazing, miracles do happen.
    Maybe it’s because your stuff got delivered in January, as opposed to those of us who got their stuff delivered to Viaddress in Nov of last year. I’m just waiting for Viaddress to tell me my items have been with them for more than 90 days so now they are going to dispose of them, oh joy.

• JC
    Posted February 10, 2011 at 1:56 am 0Likes

Same for me, my stuff was delivered to Viaddres 20-22 Dec last year. Payment was also made immediately in Dec last year. So far, nothing has moved on. I am also waiting on Viaddress to tell me my stuff have been with them for more than 50 days now. I have not heard anymore from Detective Ray Caples, although I wrote him twice.

• SK
    Posted February 10, 2011 at 2:44 am 0Likes

I saw from somewhere VIADDRESS sends out those packages in batches with FEDEX? Maybe they consolidate once every week or twice? Anyone can verify this?

• samantha
    Posted February 10, 2011 at 8:02 am 0Likes

hi i m samantha i write from italy.. i m in the same situation.. i bought from an american site they shipped my package on 1 febb and arrived at viadress on 3 feb. i m still waiting an e mail from them..i called a costumer service alexandra answer to me and she said in 24 h u will receive an e mail with ur package.. still waiting.. do u think i will receive my package or not?!..
    thank
    sam

• Robin Monks
      Posted February 10, 2011 at 8:35 am 0Likes

Hi Samantha,

From the sound of your comment you haven’t been waiting all that long. The current trend seems to be folks who had their packages arrive at the Viaddress warehouse after January of this year were able to get their packages with some patience. Folks who had their packages arrive in December and November seem to be having the toughest time getting their packages shipped to them (perhaps because viaddress switched warehouses).
      They are very unorganized, so, the best thing you can do right now is to be patient. If after, say a week you still haven’t heard from them you may want to try emailing detective Ray Caples (who’s email address is in the comments on my blog) for assistance.

/Robin

• Peter S
    Posted February 12, 2011 at 4:24 am 0Likes

Hi folks,

today I get my answer on my postbox, that one package from RL arrieved. GREAAAAAT. Waiting “only” till Jan, 11th.

Getting in contact with a Sandra Marks who doing well because days later the first item is in my pbox.

SO hope that secon will arrieve this days and then hopefully send to germany.

Greets to all and hope that everyone will get the packages they ordered.

Peter from Stuttgart (Germany)

• Fkcam
    Posted February 14, 2011 at 10:41 am 0Likes

Hi again,

now I’m waiting till 02.02.2011 after my payment for the shipment but nothing happens. The status of the shipment at my account is still ‘processing’. I wrote two times to Alenxandra Marks and one time to Ray Caples but no response. If they don’t ship within a week I will complain them to Paypal (I paid via Paypal) and I’m going to cancel the payment.

• Helio
    Posted February 16, 2011 at 7:55 am 0Likes

Could u post Alenxandra Marks email? Ray caples does not respond my emails anymore.. despear. o.O

• bruno_dietrich
    Posted February 16, 2011 at 9:22 am 0Likes
    Posted February 17, 2011 at 4:26 pm 0Likes

It looks like someone at Viaddress is still concerned about their image. They had a review section on their facebook page in which many posts had been made about ongoing problems, they have now amended their page so the reviews are no longer available.
    Well done Viaddress, stick your head in the sand and pretend it isn’t happening.

Posted February 17, 2011 at 4:29 pm 0Likes

Helio – there are 2 other addresses for viaddress
    support at viaddress dot com
    contact at viaddress dot com

Good luck in getting a reply.

• Rony
    Posted February 17, 2011 at 9:20 pm 0Likes

i am trying to post here for 3rd time loooooooooooong latter for detective Ray Caples and 3 times my post wasn’t post it. not even “awaiting moderation. WTF?

• Robin Monks
      Posted February 23, 2011 at 10:20 am 0Likes

@Rony Comments are moderated, you’d be amazed the number of other viaddress competitors that tries to sneakily link back to their sites from these posts. It’s, sadly, a necessary precaution.

• Fkcam
    Posted February 18, 2011 at 2:45 am 0Likes

Thx you Ann, I will try these emails too.

• Emilia
    Posted February 18, 2011 at 12:29 pm 0Likes

Hey:)

Does anybody know if viadress has an international phone number?
    I tried to call to the number given at their website, but it seems to be only for local calls…(inside the U.S) I come from finland, so… too bad. 😀

• SK
    Posted February 19, 2011 at 6:38 am 0Likes

Finally mine is shipped yesterday(friday). So my wait is around 1 month since the day my item arrived at VIADDRESS.

• bruno_dietrich
    Posted February 19, 2011 at 12:33 pm 0Likes

Finaly VIaddress has sent my items after 70 days.

Posted February 21, 2011 at 4:53 pm 0Likes

Yes, it looks like something is happening. My shipping manager got updated. The one item I have had since Nov now says it is processing. Where the 2 missing items are goodness only knows, maybe they have been found and will turn up at the same time even though the shipping manager says nothing about them??? If not then they have not only taken my 2 missing pieces but overcharged me for shipping as well. I can only but wait and see……..

• JC
    Posted February 22, 2011 at 6:02 am 0Likes

Finally my items were delivered to me today, 22nd feb 2011, after exactly 65 days.

• JC
    Posted February 22, 2011 at 6:27 am 0Likes

What I would like to add is I am sure I got my items only because of the extensive support and help from
    Detective Ray Caples from the Elkhart County Sheriff Department. I sent him an email to thank him for his help.

VIAddress never updated their Shipping Manager page and I never received a shipping notification from them either. The only thing I received was a shipping email from FedEx and my items arrived 3 days later in Switzerland.

• Helio
    Posted February 22, 2011 at 10:41 am 0Likes

Thanks folks but now my items does not apper in dashboard

o.O

Im really worried about it..

Posted February 22, 2011 at 5:03 pm 0Likes

Hi Helio – I can’t suggest anything else other than to continue to hound them with emails to all 3 email addresses and to keep posting help tickets every time they close them. Be persistent, every day send them the emails. Make sure every email is a complete history of what has has happened eg tracking number, name of sender, arrival date, payment details for shipping (if paid), date it disappeared from your unit. All I can do is wish you good luck.

• Dean Francis
    Posted February 23, 2011 at 8:11 pm 0Likes

Hello everyone, I live in Australia and have used Viaddress twice now. The first, last Nov 2010 and the second in Jan 2011. The first went reasonably smoothly and the second very slowly. I went to cancel the paypal freight payment and voila suddenly the Fedex tracking appeared and the item is on the way, albeit I am not sure what’s in the parcel as it say’s it weighs only 1.0lb and I reckon my items would weigh at least 4 or 5. Also I have an item on my dashboard that I did not purchase (shoes & clothing)so hope this is just an error. The whole thing is a real shambles but I honestly don’t think there is any scam going on just perhaps one person trying to cope with a lot of parcels and a lot of angry people. You must remember the reason they ARE cheap is that their only opportunity to make a few bucks is on shipping. It’s just another case of “buyer beware- you only get what you pay for”

• Fkcam
    Posted February 24, 2011 at 5:12 am 0Likes

Hello everybody, today I received the shipping confirmation from fedex. Viaddress has sent my items, what a wonder. The only thing I hope is. , that they send the right packages. Lets wait and see

• Helio
    Posted February 24, 2011 at 10:33 am 0Likes

Well, viaddress answered me!
    first email from support:

“Hello,

This email address is no longer used to solve Customer Service issues. Please submit a ticket on our help desk. If you have done so someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
    Best regards,

Elliot Douglas
    Account manager
    Viaddress Team”

COME ON!!! but, after this, my first question from help desk:

Customer Service, Feb-22 15:31 (EST):
    9102900007887656638223
    1Z577140PP56394578
    1Z 8W516R0319970434
    1Z W5 014PP13182720
    1Z 577140PP66438092

The above tracking numbers are listed in your account. If you want to have them shipped you need to click on Ship Now button.
    If you are missing something or have other questions please replay to this ticket.
    Best Regards

BUT i cant see anything on my shipping manager (Y)

nice job viaddress.. i will wait one month for answers.

• Murat
    Posted February 25, 2011 at 5:47 am 0Likes

Finally my items were delivered to me today, after exactly 50 days. I’ve to say thank you very much to Sheriff Brad Rogers and Detective Ray Caples from the Elkhart County Sheriff Department.

Murat from Izmir/TURKEY

• Dean Francis
    Posted February 28, 2011 at 12:55 am 0Likes

Following on from my post of Feb 23rd above I would like to add that my items arrived today Fedex Priority in perfect condition. Maybe I am just lucky I really can’t say but I haven’t had to talk to any police. I have been patient and non abusive and it has paid off. I really do think there are some very malicious people out there who want to see Viaddress dead and buried and will do and say anything to make it happen. I admit Viaddress is slow but I have nothing but praise for them. Believe it or not!!!!

• Malte
    Posted February 28, 2011 at 11:51 am 0Likes

Today I finally received my four parcels that was ordered in November. They send all my parcel for free. If you want to contact them, write ATT: Jason Hass in the header of your mail and he will answer. I would also say thanks to Detective Ray Caples for the help to find a solution with this issue.

Posted February 28, 2011 at 3:11 pm 0Likes

Dean – I don’t think anyone who has waited months and had to involve the sheriff’s dept to get their stuff is malicious, just frustrated and pissed off. I have been waiting since Nov and am now going down the legal process of suing them. How anyone can have praise for this company is beyond me. You it seems are extremely lucky, would you use them again?

• Dean Francis
    Posted February 28, 2011 at 4:23 pm 0Likes

Hello Ann, No I will not use them again. I agree I think I have been extremely lucky but then again everything I read about all freight forwarders is none too positive. You chose Viaddress for the same reason I did-low cost. I can only relate my experiences with them nothing else. They are certainly not paying me that’s for sure. The thing that did worry me was a package in my suite that I did not order and have no details of, suffice to say the vendor was a person I purchased from last year but I have already received the package he sent. Maybe your packages have found a similar fate. I wish you luck.

• Francesco
    Posted March 2, 2011 at 10:04 am 0Likes

As I read last month, I’m one of the lucky guys that received the items from Viaddress (even if: 15 mail and 1 month later).

Do you think that Viaddress will work ok in the next future??
    I mean… I can risk another order, or you think that I should find another service ?

I had a look, but I found only high, hing prices…

• Roberto
    Posted March 3, 2011 at 3:01 am 0Likes

Yesterday, after 59 days of waiting, i received my packages from Viadress. My journey with this company now is luckily ended, i would like to thank the people from this blog for the support during the days i haven’t got any news from Viadress . The long period of time when i checked the mail every day for some update about where my stuff were…without any answer offcourse. The only funny side of history…i ordered some winter clothes to forward to my country, now is almost spring there… For sure i’ll never use Viadress again

Posted March 3, 2011 at 2:38 pm 0Likes

It seems that some people are finally getting their packages, good times for all. As to the rest of us, it seems their new trick is to update the shipping manager to say your shipment is “processing”. 3 weeks later nothing has changed, no shipment, no response to emails, nada, zilch.
    I’m now 4 months into this process. I wonder if I get a prize when I get to be the longest suffering customer???

• bruno_dietrich
    Posted March 4, 2011 at 3:47 am 0Likes

@Ann I have every week sent an e-mail and stated that the current status has not changed. CC to Mr. Ray Caples.

• Peter S
    Posted March 10, 2011 at 10:33 am 0Likes

Hi folks, I want to give my next Info to you.
    Shipping with the right things arrieved. Everything is o.K.
    Only the fuc… tay in germany ;-(
    Only problem is the billable weight.
    It was to many (20 lbs) and with the Fedex it was only 7 lbs!!
    SO I payed to much!

Now I wait for the answer form VIAddress.

Wish you all the best that everything arrieves.

Peter from germany

• Helio
    Posted March 14, 2011 at 1:39 pm 0Likes

No answer from Mr. Caples.. No answer from Viaddress.. I can’t see anything on my shipping manager..

Now, i’m really really really woried about it.

Posted March 15, 2011 at 4:48 pm 0Likes

Helio – sadly you have every right to be worried. Things don’t seem to be getting any better at Viaddress. Their new trick, if anything is in your shipping manager that you have paid shipping for, is to change the status to processing. Then nothing happens for weeks on end and then they put everything back into your shipping manager and send you an email asking you to pay for shipping AGAIN!!!! So you spend another few weeks trying to sort it out. They then change the status to processing and round in circles we go again. 5 months and counting for me….. In 2012 I’m booked to fly to the States and I fully expect to go to Indianna and chase these people for my stuff.

• Helio
    Posted March 16, 2011 at 10:50 am 0Likes

“go to Indianna and chase these people for my stuff.”

I think about it every day.

I’m so tired.

Well, we are on the same boat.. fight conti’

regards!

• anselmo
    Posted March 22, 2011 at 7:59 pm 0Likes

Well, after wait for 6 workdays and 3 letters I just found this blog. It’s sad see that companies such as Viaddress still working! As I could see, I have to wait more 2 weeks to see my shop to finaly ship to Brazil.That’s a shame.
    Best regards

Anselmo, Brazil, looking for my saxaphone shipped by USPS to my USA address (viaddress) since 03/12/2011… with no aditional information….

• Olivia
    Posted March 23, 2011 at 10:02 pm 0Likes

Judging from the negative comments, i guess my package won’t be arriving anytime soon. I am shipping items to Singapore by the way. Express shipping paid more than a week ago, items status still ‘PROCESSING’. It’s not a long wait compared to many but my items are supposed to be birthday gifts! Belated birthday gifts that is. Embarrassing.

Posted March 24, 2011 at 4:59 pm 0Likes

Miracles do happen……
    I’ve been waiting since Nov to receive my packages and today they turned up!!!!!
    Oh great joy. I am now free of my Viaddress nightmare. Thank you Viaddress and if I ever want another stomach ulcer I’ll be sure to send a package or two your way.

And my deepest sympathies go to all those out there still waiting for their items…..

• Olivia
    Posted March 25, 2011 at 12:08 am 0Likes

It’s a relief to know that many have gotten their packages albeit the extremely long wait.

It’s has only been 10 days for me. Had already paid Viaddress for shipping when I read about all the negative feedback. No response on the helpdesk or multiple emails. Guess all I can do now is wait. Depressing.

• Melissa
    Posted March 28, 2011 at 4:22 pm 0Likes

I paid my shipping fees on March 22th but my items still shows as they need to be shipped! I have my receipt but on the web site, it looks like a did not pay!

I just found this website, and saw all your comments, I’m really not happy with not having done more research before choosing them.

• Walter
    Posted March 31, 2011 at 8:28 pm 0Likes

* 1 month wait
    * Sent email yesterday threatening action with Elkhart Police
    * Items shipped the next day

==========

I wanted to say a big thank you for the advice in this post / comment thread and to let everyone know what I did in case it helps.

1. I sent a POLITE request via their helpdesk to find out the status of my shipment (since I’d paid the shipping fee and the status was PROCESSING)

2. (1 week later) I sent another more stern update saying that I needed to know whether they have my items since I was about to dispute the credit card transactions with the bank. (FIRST REPLY FROM VIADDRESS a few days later requesting tracking numbers)

3. I gave them all the Amazon supplied tracking numbers and which items they related to in my shipping manager.

4. (1 week later again) REPLY from Viaddress thanking me for the tracking numbers

5. (1 week later) Another update from me informing them that since it’s been a month and unless I heard about the status by the end of next week I would be reversing my shipping charge until the matter was dealt with and if I didn’t hear back from them I would be taking this to the Elkhart Sherrifs Department

6. Shipping notice from FedEx the next day

Now I just have to wait and see if all my items are on board

• Olivia
    Posted April 6, 2011 at 12:26 am 0Likes

hi all, I received my items today after one month of waiting plus tons of emails. For those who are still in the loop, continue with your emails and calls. Hope that you guys get your items soon!

• Marios Moutzouris
    Posted April 7, 2011 at 4:16 am 0Likes

Hello everyone,

Olivia? can you maybe tell me when your package arrived at viaddress, when it shipped etc, the timeline. I am waiting for a package from them to ship after they acknowledge receiving my payment through paypal (via the helpdesk).

Thanks
    Marios

• Tobias
    Posted April 14, 2011 at 10:23 pm 0Likes

Hi All, I too have good news, we finally received our items almost 3 months later! The good news is that they actually started working through their helpdesk calls and were pretty timely in handling new entries once they were responding through it!

I must also commend Ray Caples from the local Sheriffs office who I understand has been a great liaison for unhappy users of the service.

Perseverance and patience have been the key words in dealing with the VIAddress crew.

• Helio
    Posted April 18, 2011 at 9:03 am 0Likes

someone could help me to calculate how much will cost to ship a 16lb (round up to 18 if want) to brazil by priority mail international?

see ya!

• Helio
    Posted April 29, 2011 at 12:53 pm 0Likes

where is everyone?

• Austin
    Posted June 27, 2011 at 1:50 pm 0Likes

I do a lot of traveling and I’ve been using Viaddress for almost 2 years now, and despite a delay that I experienced once during the Christmas season, all the other 20 times that I’ve used Viaddress were fine with no delay or what so ever…

FYI, it’s wrong to judge Viaddress based on their BBB rating, the Better Business Bureau gives an F rating by default to any business if they refuse to pay the BBB membership.

They gave an “F” rating to Disneyworld and to Ritz Carlton Hotels while they gave “A” rating to Hamas terror group and to a White racist group: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo8kfV9kONw

Comments are closed.