Robin’s Collection of Things #3: Physical security, MVNOs and Heat Pumps
If you subscribe to my newsletter, you get this content earlier (on Sundays!) directly in your inbox. Subscribe for free.
Welcome to the third one of these, I’m excited to keep sharing cool things I’m finding that help with my work and hobbies. Let’s go!
- TinaCMS is a cool NodeJS-powered Markdown visual editor for websites, that also powers forestry.io.
- Canada crossed 3.5% vaccinated today (Feb 28), and the speed does seem to be accelerating, but it’s still got a long way to go if we’re hoping to reach herd immunity this Summer.
- Lots of good Engineering Leadership resources in an awesome-repo (there’s a lot of these, lots of them are super cool
- I wrote a follow-up blog post on my experiences using fonus for the last 6 months. Roll-your-own MVNO might provide some good competition in the future, especially with dotmobile around the corner.
- Enter the Core did a great talk a few years back on physical security, and it contains a ton of helpful advice to protect your home or business.
- Technology Connections did an excellent video on heat pumps (linked in below) that’s a great watch!
For me this week has been super busy at work, and I’ve even broken my personal rule and worked some on the weekend to try and get caught up on everything happening. Thankfully more help is on the way and I’m hoping to be able to get my workload down to a comfortable level again soon. I likely won’t resume the podcast until then as I don’t have the mental headroom for it.
See you next week!